During the Mobile World Conference in Barcelona on 26th February, LG launched its new flagship smartphone, the G6.
At last, LG’s flagship series has been placed on par with the competition owing to the many new features brought by G6 to the G series. LG had to eradicate some signature features in order to add those new features; however, not many people will be upset by these changes.
Check out the features of LG’s latest G6:
14. The display screen of LG G6 is 5.7-inch which is a little taller when compared with several other smartphone’s screens; however, it does not appear to be much bigger than smartphones having 5.5-inch displays.
13. The rounded corners of the display gives the screen a more ‘balanced silhouette’, that is, less susceptible to cracking in case the phone falls down.
12. LG is finally getting rid of the removable battery by using glass for the back of the G series for the first time.
11. If you are accustomed to glass-backed phones, such as the Samsung Galaxy S7, then this appearance is not unusual for you. However, for LG’s flagship G phones having plastic backs in the past, it is a spanking new look.
10. It is also available in silver color that looks spectacular.
9. The glass-back has a slightly brushed metal finish.
8. The unibody design of G6 also indicates that LG may perhaps make it water resistant.
7. You will be able to charge the G6 with a wireless charger through the embedding of the battery, which is also a first for LG G phones.
6. The metal frame of the G6 enhances its premium feel and design.
5. A USB-C port for fast charging and quick transfer speeds is also present in the G6, as anticipated.
4. You can still plug in your wired headphones into the G6.
3. A dual camera will be at the back, having both 13 megapixels lenses. One of them is an ultra-wide angle lens that captures more as compared to the regular lens.
Check out the picture taken with the G6’s regular lens below:
This one has been taken via the G6’s ultra-wide angle lens from the same distance. It can be clearly seen that the ultra-wide lens captures far more of a scene when compared with the regular lens.
2. You can take a look at the last shot taken by you with the help of the new camera app and tall screen of LG, which is amazing for the social media sharing crowd.
1. Also, you can have more control over the camera’s settings via the usual array of regular auto camera modes in addition to the advanced manual mode.
LG has not yet disclosed when G6 will be launched or how much it will cost. But, it will come with Android 7.0 out of the box, and it’ll come with Google’s Assistant built in.