It seems that the future cars might be more high-tech as compared to most homes. This is what we have gathered from the futuristic concept cars automakers have been building.
We rounded up the most tech-savvy cars we could find and what it means for the future of driving.
10. The Rolls-Royce Vision 100 concept car appears like something straight out of Tron.
There is no front seat or any access to a steering wheel as the car has been designed to be entirely autonomous. Rather, there is a luxurious, silk sofa at the back seat which is capable of fitting two people comfortably. An enormous OLED TV is fixed on the opposite side of the wall of the car.
9. Part of the same concept car line as the Rolls-Royce, BMW’s Vision Next 100 offers the option of driving it manually or sitting back and enjoying the autonomous ride.
This car has stunning features such as doors that swing up and wheels that are integrated with the car without a glitch. While you are driving, the windshield’s heads-up display assists you in navigating all along your route. Have a closer look at the car:
8. Another concept car of BMW, Mini Vision Next 100, pictures a future where ride-sharing is famous by welcoming passengers with curated lighting when they take it for a spin.
Another thing depicted by this car is the way the interior of cars will transform with the driverless technology. During the autonomous mode, the steering wheel transfers to the center of the dashboard.
7. A shapeshifting concept car has been created by Mercedes which transforms its body in order to become more aerodynamic.
As soon as the car hits 50 miles per hour, the fins in the front and back of the car extend and change their shape to zip down the road better. A wireless networking system in the car allows it to communicate with the other cars. In this way, other cars can be warned in case of upcoming accidents or traffic.
6. Then there is Nissan’s Teatro for Dayz, which has an interior that is completely covered with light displays, hence, the interior reflects whatever you want.
You can see a golf course inspired interior, however there are also other options to select from. You can also have video chat with people on the dashboard in this all-electric concept car, although we hope that no one would do this while driving. Take a closer look at the car:
5. A future where people purchase vehicles that can run on hydrogen is imagined by the Audi h-tron quattro concept car.
This concept car is capable of driving 372 miles on hydrogen only. It can go from zero to 62 miles per hour in under 7.1 seconds, however, Audi is not intent about the production of this concept car.
4. The Suzuki Air Triser concept consists of three rows of seat that can be rearranged, when the car is not moving, to transform it into a lounge.
“Relaxation mode” is such a seat arrangement where seats face each other and “lounge mode” is where the seats are arranged such that they make an L-shaped sofa. A built in display is also present inside the car on its center pillar which can be used in order to broadcast media from a smartphone or tablet.
3. Rinspeed’s Ʃtos is a very high-tech concept car that comes with its own personal drone and a landing pad for it.
It can be controlled using interior touch displays to run errands and then find its way back to the car. The steering wheel will drawback into the dashboard while not in use as the car is driverless.
A personal artificial intelligence system such as Siri is also included in it, which is capable of learning your preferences and makes proactive decisions like asking if you want to play a certain album.
2. The Porsche Mission E is an all-electric concept car with a futuristic interface that comes with eye-tracking technology.
Whenever the driver is looking at a particular instrument, for example the on switch of the radio, there is a camera in the dashboard to detect such things. However, the driver has to approve by pushing a button on the steering wheel before a change is made. A holographic display on the dashboard allows the driver to change the settings via hand gestures. In order to see the surroundings of the car, the cars makes use of the cameras rather than the safety mirrors and then displays it in the corner of the windshield.
On a single charge, Mission E Concept is capable of going 310 miles. Since Porsche is planning its production in five years, you will witness this amazing concept car on the road sooner or later.
1. Start-up Faraday Future publicized its concept car in January and it looks like a futuristic batmobile.
This car can learn the driver’s preferences so that it is able to automatically adjust to his or her liking. It can reach a top speed of 200 miles per hour and is also autonomous.